Ravenswood Recovery Blog
CBC NEWS: Geri Bemister Named Vice-Chair on Panel to Review Impacts Of Supervised Consumption Sites
the province of alberta has named Ravenswood Consulting’s addiction & intervention specialist Geri Bemister to a panel of 8 members to examine the social and economic impacts of supervised consumption sites for drug users
Jason Luan, associate minister of mental health and addictions, announced on Monday who will sit on an eight-member panel that will examine the socio-economic effects of supervised consumption sites. (CBC)
Luan announced Monday that the province has appointed eight people to the Supervised Consumption Services Review Committee.
It will be chaired by former Edmonton police chief Rod Knecht. The panel members are:
- Rod Knecht, who retired as Edmonton’s chief of police last year.
- Vice-chair Geri Bemister-Williams, who is a human behavioural scientist and post-secondary instructor.
- Dr. Ray Baker, who specializes in occupational addiction medicine and recovery-oriented continuing care.
- Steve Cormack, who served 24 years with the RCMP.
- Dr. Charl Els, a psychiatrist, addiction specialist and occupational physician.
- Joan Hollihan, who lost her 16-year-old son to an apparent fentanyl overdose.
- Paul Maxim, a former professor of economics at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Dr. Rob Tanguay, the founder and medical director of a post-surgical pain outpatient program.